Project: Strategy and Creative
The highest monthly sales in six generations
Despite more than a hundred years of Australian heritage, Beerenberg experienced difficult times in 2013 due to competing brands promoting their Australian provenance.
We rebuilt the brand from the story up. The new strategy required packaging redesign, a nation-wide relaunch and a deep brand story that linked each product with the personal story of a member of the Beerenberg team. The creative work was done in collaboration with The Elk Group and Noble Brands Worldwide.
- Beerenberg recorded their highest ever month sales in November 2013, three months after their redesigned packaging launched
- in Q4 2013, sales were up 20% year-on-year
- Combined campaign reach of 3.1 mil in 90 days
- New listing in Coles and renewed listing in Woolworths
- Strategy and Marketing optimisation
- Messaging and brand story
- Brand relaunch and national campaign
- Content creation
- Packaging relaunch
- Website video
“We'd heard good things from other business people about their sessions and we were not disappointed.”
"The strategy session was a great way to get to know how the Step Change team think with virtually no risk to our business. Our session gave us focus and clarity around what we're doing in marketing and helped us set some priorities. I'd recommend you work with Step Change."
-Sally Paech, marketing director at Beerenberg
“You have done some awesome work. You have given us the confidence to be who we are.”
-Anthony Paech, managing director at Beerenberg
Brand Look & Feel evolution exploring:
Logo design evolution, typography, colours, patterns and photography all applied to the new look jam packaging.
"The Outback Pantry" labels (proposal):
"The Great Condiment Amnesty" Facebook campaign:
- Combined campaign reached 3.1mil
- 1.6mil reach through the radio campaign
- Over 1mil impressions on Facebook (0.0008 cents per impression)
- 380,000+ impressions ($0 spent, negotiated as a value add to radio booking) through radio digital advertising
- 30% fan growth
- 3000% increase in page views