We’re always on the lookout for rockstar strategists, marketers, and creatives to join our team. Here at Step Change, we're an excellence-obsessed bunch with a passion for solving business problems in nontraditional ways.
If that sounds like you, drop us a line.
We also have an intern program for those currently studying at a tertiary institution — see below.
senior, Experienced Executive Assistant
If you think working with a CEO and making their life work is interesting, then it gets more exciting when that CEO meets with hundreds of other CEOs every year. Ready to rise to the challenge?
Sidekick is the best description – be there at the right time, help make things happen, handle all the detail.
Who is Step Change?
We are a collective of unlike-minded people, from strategists to creatives, with a shared distaste for the status quo and playing small. We work with leaders in challenger businesses who are looking for a step change and a path to winning in a complex world.
With 100+ clients, 35 people and a high growth rate, we're inspiring Step Changes in businesses and people.
- Setting the schedule for the CEO – knowing everything about what's coming up, who it's with and what matters to help them win
- Manage clients, most of whom are also CEOs, setting them up for a winning experience
- Office manager – keep the place running
- Admin support and business analytics
- You've got 8 years experience in managing an office environment
- A calm, mature approach in a sometimes-chaotic environment
We're after a bubbly personality that will give clients a winning experience every time they get in touch with Step Change. Your passion for solving problems is only trumped by the joy you get from making stuff happen (and maybe from sorting by colour all the M&Ms in the jar). You're also tough under pressure and locking eyes with a CEO doesn't scare you. Or it does scare you a bit but you'll do it anyway. That's fine too.
How To Apply:
- Complete the online application by clicking the 'Apply Here' button below
- You'll need to send us your CV and a cover letter with three dot points on why you're the ideal sidekick. To show you really do have attention to detail, include the word 'shark' in your application
Digital Marketing Manager
We’re looking to invest in a digital manager who is interested in developing their acquisition skills. Are you ready to start building campaigns across a range of industries?
This role is incredibly diverse. You could be working across clients in industries from fertility clinics to funeral homes. You could be building an acquisition campaign one day, and working on the UX of a website the next.
Here’s What You’ll Get
- Blended role that’s got plenty of exciting challenges and direction from top tier, recognised, creative & strategic leads
- Define and lead client work, from the strategy to the execution
- Be part of a fresh agency that’s growing quickly and works with a wide range of clients
- Help put the customer at the centre of everything we do
- Be rewarded with training, development and responsibility
- Be one of the first team members in a new part of the agency, help us define digital
We will challenge and push you to create great results for our clients. We will also make sure you have the best practice training and knowledge to make things happen.
If this role sounds inspiring to you, then welcome to your new job and company. We want to see you explode onto the scene and start kicking some major goals. Excited? Inspired? We are too!
Who You Are
You’re passionate about client service and digital marketing, and have experience managing and delivering digital campaigns, from strategy to analytics. You are comfortable talking about marketing automation, paid advertising and content.
You’re a digital native who’s immersed in the digital space and has experience implementing projects across web and social.
Our work environment is dynamic, motivating and focused. There is an excellent opportunity for growth and development within the agency.
Who You’re Working With
Step Change is a fast growing marketing agency, where strategy meets creativity. We work with over 100 brands each year, from big four banks to funeral homes. We’re facilitators and problem solvers who believe the best solutions in business start with the customer. We always start by optimising and protecting the core before developing leveraged innovations and campaigns.
To do this, we draw on tools from strategy, marketing, consumer behaviour, and behavioural economics (among others).
To Make This Rare Position Yours You Will:
- Possess formal qualification in Advertising, Marketing, Branding, Creative and/or Strategy
- Have a minimum 5 years experience in a relevant Digital Marketing role
- Be driven for success (find a way to show us, don’t tell us)
- Have killer attention to detail and understand good content marketing
- Have experience in Adwords, Analytics, Hubspot or similar Marketing Automation tool
Bonus Points For:
The ideal candidate will have at least one of the following sets of skills and experience:
- Experience implementing Marketing Automation
- Experience working with clients on content marketing strategy
- Experience leveraging data for marketing, communications or business results
- Experience working in an agency environment
How To Apply:
We're after the one in a million candidate – so that means there's probably about 5 in Sydney.
- Send your CV with a cover page to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com (max 150 words) detailing how you will satisfy each requirement outlined
- 3 dot points of what appeals to you about the position
- Demonstrate that you actually do have attention to detail by reading this entire position description and then including the word "shark" in your application
Intern with Step Change
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for interns who are interested in learning more about strategy, digital marketing, account management or new business development. A Step Change internship will teach you more in three months than Uni teaches in three years. Work with the strategy, digital, new business, creative or change team on live client projects and gain real experience.
WHO WE ARE
Step Change exists to inspire step changes in businesses and people. We work directly with business owners and leaders across strategy, marketing and leadership. We have 100+ clients every year and they range from Sony Pictures to startups, from maternity wards to funeral homes and everything in between. Our services are mainly delivered through workshops, where our team works with the client to come to the best and most effective solution using a range of tried and tested Step Change tools.
WHAT WE'RE OFFERING
We have a three-month, unpaid, internship available for students in their final year of study. It’s okay if your area of study isn’t business or marketing – here we’ve got lawyers, economists, graphic designers, journalists and engineers – what’s more important is your interest in learning, the challenge of thinking on your feet and thinking creatively.
The internship is unpaid for three days a week over three months though it’s worth noting almost half our current staff came through this program, with us building a full-time job for the best.
We’re happy to give letters of reference for those wanting to use their internship for a university course.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
Don’t worry we’re not interested in having someone around just to get coffees. Your role will be to learn our tools, then work closely with our strategy team to deploy them. As a small business, you’ll also get the chance to be involved with sales, event management and the creative team so you’ll come out with a really broad view of how the industry works.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
The only thing you’ll need to bring with you is the right attitude. As a small team, we all have to jump in to lend a hand where needed, even if that’s outside our comfort zone. So be confident, be interested, and be willing to work hard – but leave any ego at home. Writing skills and the ability to properly proofread would be a big bonus.
We will cover any expenses incurred while working.
Please note: We require a letter of acknowledgement from your university that either states that you are undertaking the internship as part of a university course, or that the university acknowledges that the internship would be of benefit to your degree.
HOW TO APPLY
• Click the 'Apply Here' button to get started!
• Remember that we get a lot of applications — make sure yours stands out.