We’re always on the lookout for rockstar strategists, marketers, and creatives to join our team. Here at Step Change, we're an excellence-obsessed bunch with a passion for solving business problems in nontraditional ways.
If that sounds like you, drop us a line.
We also have an intern program for those currently studying at a tertiary institution — see below.
Receptionist and administration support
Start your career with a hands-on role in a marketing agency.
Who is Step Change?
We are a collective of unlike-minded people, from strategists to creatives, with a shared distaste for the status quo and playing small. We work with leaders in challenger businesses who are looking for a step change and a path to winning in a complex world.
With 100+ clients, 35 people and a high growth rate, we're inspiring Step Changes in businesses and people.
- Assist the Senior Executive Assistant in managing the day-to-day operations of the business and the office
- The first point of contact of the organisation – welcome clients and make them feel at home
- Setting up clients for a winning experience with Step Change
- Admin support
- A creative problem solver
- A positive and proactive attitude
- Self-sufficient and resilient
- Super organised and work well under pressure
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
We're after a bubbly personality that will give clients a winning experience every time they get in touch with Step Change. Your passion for solving problems is only trumped by the joy you get from making stuff happen (and maybe from sorting by colour all the M&Ms in the jar).
How To Apply:
- Complete the online application by clicking the 'Apply Here' button below and indicate in your application that you're applying for the Receptionist and Administration Support role
- You'll need to send us your CV and a cover letter with three dot points on why you're the ideal person for the role
- To show you really do have attention to detail, include the word 'shark' in your application
Intern with Step Change
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for interns who are interested in learning more about strategy, digital marketing, account management or new business development. A Step Change internship will teach you more in three months than Uni teaches in three years. Work with the strategy, digital, new business, creative or change team on live client projects and gain real experience.
WHO WE ARE
Step Change exists to inspire step changes in businesses and people. We work directly with business owners and leaders across strategy, marketing and leadership. We have 100+ clients every year and they range from Sony Pictures to startups, from maternity wards to funeral homes and everything in between. Our services are mainly delivered through workshops, where our team works with the client to come to the best and most effective solution using a range of tried and tested Step Change tools.
WHAT WE'RE OFFERING
We have a three-month, unpaid, internship available for students in their final year of study. It’s okay if your area of study isn’t business or marketing – here we’ve got lawyers, economists, graphic designers, journalists and engineers – what’s more important is your interest in learning, the challenge of thinking on your feet and thinking creatively.
The internship is unpaid for three days a week over three months though it’s worth noting almost half our current staff came through this program, with us building a full-time job for the best.
We’re happy to give letters of reference for those wanting to use their internship for a university course.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
Don’t worry we’re not interested in having someone around just to get coffees. Your role will be to learn our tools, then work closely with our strategy team to deploy them. As a small business, you’ll also get the chance to be involved with sales, event management and the creative team so you’ll come out with a really broad view of how the industry works.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
The only thing you’ll need to bring with you is the right attitude. As a small team, we all have to jump in to lend a hand where needed, even if that’s outside our comfort zone. So be confident, be interested, and be willing to work hard – but leave any ego at home. Writing skills and the ability to properly proofread would be a big bonus.
We will cover any expenses incurred while working.
Please note: We require a letter of acknowledgement from your university that either states that you are undertaking the internship as part of a university course, or that the university acknowledges that the internship would be of benefit to your degree.
HOW TO APPLY
• Click the 'Apply Here' button to get started!
• Remember that we get a lot of applications — make sure yours stands out.